Meticulously built by Nautor Swan, and meticulously cared for by the same owner over the last 18 years.
Athena is hull #49 of the Frers-designed 40 series, and has spent each of the last 18 winters stored indoors. She is as close to "like new" as you will find in a boat of this vintage. Notable upgrades include:
2018 New Awlgrip
2019 Complete B&G navigation/instrumentation refit
2020 new house batteries (320 ah)
North Sails Dacron cruising sails
Doyle race main and genoa, like new
Quantum race headsails, like new
The Swan 40 is a fast, nimble and solid platform for fast cruising, with two heads and berths for 8. Come and see for yourself the level of detail that goes into a Swan build.
- Boat Name: 4643MB
- Make: Nautor Swan
- Model: 40
- Year: 1999
- Condition: Used
- Category: Sail
- Construction: Fiberglass
- Boat Hull ID: SWN40149C999
- Has Hull ID: Yes
- Keel Type: Fin Keel
- Length: 40'
- Length Overall: 40'
- Waterline Length: 32'5"
- Beam: 12'11"
- Max Draft: 7'1"
- Min Draft: 7'1"
- Displacement: 19,400 lb
- Ballast: 7,000 lb
- Electrical Circuit: 12 V
- Single Berths: 4
- Double Berths: 2
- Cabins Count: 2
- Make: Nanni
- Model: 4.150he
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 35hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 1999
- Engine Hours: 1310
- Fuel Tanks: 1
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 63 gal
- Fuel Tank Material: Stainless Steel
- Water Tanks: 1
- Water Tank Capacity: 105 gal
- Water Tank Material: Stainless Steel
- Holding Tank Count: 1
- Holding Tank Capacity: 10 gal
- Heads Count: 2
- Drive Type: Direct
- Windlass Type: Electric
- Boat Class: Racers and Cruisers, Racers
- Solid fiberglass hull and deck
- 2018 Awlgrip in Aristo Blue
- Lead keel with bulb
- Composite rudder
- Nanni diesel, model 4.150he (35 hp) with 1310 hours
- Spinlock throttle control
- Cockpit indicator lights (temp, oil pressure, alternator etc)
- Dripless stuffing box
- 3-bladed feathering MaxProp
- Cruising speed – approx 6.5 knots.
- Maximum speed – approx 7.5 knots.
- Range 700 miles @ 5.5kts.
- 63 gallon stainless steel fuel tank, twin fuel/water separators
- 12v DC service, 110v shorepower
- Upgraded 320 Ah house batteries. New 2020.
- 2022 Mastervolt Chargemaster Plus 12/75
- Twin engine alternators.
- 112 gallon freshwater capacity in stainless tanks (port/starboard beneath settee)
- 6 gallon hot water tank
- Shower sumps
- Cockpit shower
- Two holding tanks, 10 gal each, with Y-valve for overboard discharge at aft head
- 1 x electric bilge pump.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps.
- All electronics new in 2019.
- B&G Zeus3 16” plotter at nav station
- B&G Zeus3 12” platter at helm
- B&G Triton2 large format autopilot control head
- B&G HALO 24 Doppler radar on Forte Composites carbon pole
- B&G H5000 Hydra instrument processor
- 3 x 2020 mast displays
- 2 x H5000 graphic dipslays + Triton display at companionway
- H5000 graphic display at nav station
- V50 VHF at nav station with H50 wireless handset
- Simrad AIS 500S transceiver
- Fusion UD755 stereo with Bluetooth connectivity
- 1 x Coolmatic 12v refrigeration unit (air cooled)
- Force 10 stove - 3 burners and oven
- 2 Head compartments, one forward one aft
- Sink, handheld shower with mixer tap
- 2 x Jabsco toilets
- Fusion UD755 colour display marine entertainment system with UniDock & Bluetooth.
- Poly Planer speakers in Saloon.
- Cockpit speakers.
- Overhead lighting.
- Reading lamps.
Full teak interior in the contemporary Nautor style, with beige leather upholstery and fitted cushion covers for cruising.
- Hanging locker
- Infill cushion
- Storage lockers above berths
- Ensuite head with vanity sink, hand held shower and toilet
- Pilot berths port and starboard
- Settees port and starboard
- Drop leaf table on centerline
- Situated on port side, in passageway to aft cabin
- Corian countertops.
- Double sink on centerline with covers on sink in Corian
- 3 burner force 10 stove
- 12-volt air cooled refrigeration by Coolmatic
Owner’s Aft Cabin:
- Double berth on starboard side.
- Seat on port side.
- Vanity table with mirror
- Reading lights
- En-suite head with shower, vanity, manual head w/ Y-valve
Sails and Rigging:
- Triple-spreader aluminum rig by Nautor with lazy jacks for mainsail flaking
- Reaching strut
- Spinnaker pole
- Trysail track
- Navtec hydraulic vang and backstay with cockpit control panel
- Harken roller furling unit 2
- Lewmar winches.
- 2 x extra halyard winches on coachroof.
- North Dacron main with 2 reefs, 2008
- North Dacron furling cruising genoa, 145%, 2007
- Doyle race laminate mainsail, very lightly used
- Doyle race laminate genoa, very lightly used
- Quantum laminate #4, like new
- Quantum laminate #3, like new
- Quantum laminate jib top
- Storm jib
- Storm trysail (dedicated track on mast)
- Mainsail cover
- Other older sails in storage
- Fold out bathing platform in cockpit
- Hot/cold swim shower
- Opening ports and hatches by Goiot
- Dorades.with stainless guards
- Port and starboard lifeline gates
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar windlass.
- CQR Anchor with chain and rode.
- Danforth with rode
- Storm bridle
- Fenders & docklines
Covers, Canvas & Miscellaneous Equipment:
- Cockpit cushions
- Sprayhood over entrance hatch.
- Elkhide cover for steering wheel.
- Elkhide cover on mast and chainplates in main cabin.
- Lifesling unit
- Fire extinguishers.