The Amel 53 is a purpose built passage maker, designed and constructed to effectively deal with the realities of ocean voyaging and long term liveaboard. Four watertight collision bulkheads, fully weather protected helm station, full sized engine room with complete and easy access to all maintainable systems, low maintenance exterior, extremely functional interior, lots of storage space both on deck and below, are just some of the features offered by the Amel.
Ladybug is a one owner, extremely well maintained and updated Amel 53. Her owner has cruised her extensively and has continuously updated the boats systems. In the past four years she has had all new standing rigging, GPS/plotter, new main and genoa sails, Espar heater, solar panels, stove, and brand new this year, generator, transmission, and watermaker motor. These are but a few of the many continuous upgrades this conscientious and knowledgeable owner has done. If you are looking for a well found offshore yacht, this Amel 53 Super Maramu should be on your list.
Ladybug is easily shown here in Newport, RI. Please call to set up an appointment to see this marvelous yacht.
- Boat Name: 4650RF
- Make: Amel
- Model: Super Maramu
- Year: 1998
- Condition: Used
- Category: Sail
- Construction: Fiberglass
- Boat Hull ID: AMLSM216A898
- Has Hull ID: Yes
- Length: 52' 6"
- Length Overall: 52' 6"
- Beam: 15' 1"
- Max Draft: 6' 7"
- Displacement: 32,200 lb
- Bridge Clearance: 65'5 ft
- Single Berths: 3
- Double Berths: 2
- Cabins Count: 3
- Fuel Tanks: 1
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 158 gal
- Water Tanks: 1
- Water Tank Capacity: 264 gal
- Holding Tank Count: 1
- Holding Tank Capacity: 24 gal
- Heads Count: 2
- Stock Number: Ladybug
- Boat Class: Cruisers, Center Cockpit, Ketch
The Amel 53 Super Maramu offers a center cockpit layout that affords a very deep & protected center cockpit for security while on deck while giving you a large aft cabin with a huge double berth.
As you descend the companionway, you will enter the belowdecks interior that Amel's are renowned for - all solid mahogany cabinetry and bulkheads, a true work of art. The well equipped offshore galley is to port with a great nav station to starboard. Moving forward is the U shaped dinette to port with additional refrigeration under the seats. To starboard is a straight settee.
Forward of the main bulkhead is the head to port and an open forward cabin with berths port & starboard.
Aft of the companionway to starboard is the passage way to the aft stateroom. There is a single berth outboard in the passageway that makes for a very comfortable and secure sea berth.
The aft stateroom features a large double berth to port with a dressing area/desk area to starboard. There is a large hanging locker and large head with shower.
The stowage is excellent throughout the boat. Amel certainly had long range cruising and live aboard in mind, and provided a place to put everything.
Electronics & Navigation
- SiTex SVS-1010 Series GPS & Chart plotter w/ AIS - new 2020
- Furuno Radar System with self leveling unit on mizzen mast
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot - two independent auto helms with Quick change switch. Rotary drive on wheel and a ram on the steering post
- B&G repeaters in cockpit (4) for wind speed, wind direction, boat speed and depth
- Shipmate RS8300 VHF radio
- AIS System - tied into laptop navigation computer, chart plotter & radar
- IBM Thinkpad laptop computer at nav station - connects to chart plotter, radar, AIS and Icom SSB radio
- Icom IC-802 DSC SSB transceiver w/ Pactor modem
- KVH V3 Mini-VSAT - New 2021 (Broadband connection anywhere in world)
- IridiumGo system w/remote antenna
- Pioneer stereo radio and disc player
- Plastimo compass mounted in cockpit
- Other: EPIRB, 2 handheld GPS, RDF and portable short wave radio
Sails and Rigging
- Hydro Net triradial mainsail, genoa and mizzen sails - New 2017 main & genoa *Mainsail and mizzen are in mast furling
- Assymetrical spinnaker
- Ballooner - Amel downwind sail system
- Mizzen staysail
- Double spreader deck stepped aluminum roller furling mast
- Single spreader deck stepped aluminum roller furling mizzen
- All standing rigging replaced by AMCO - new 2017
- Dyneema main and jib halyards - new 2022
- Electric genoa furler
- Electric mainsail furling - new motor 2021
- Electric mainsail outhaul
- Lewmar self tailing winches - electric primaries
- Boom preventors
- Split backstay
- Adjustable genoa cars
- (2) aluminum spinnaker poles
- (2) aluminum "ballooner" poles (shorter)
Ladybug has two independent electrical systems with US outlets at 60 cycle/110v (GFCI protected), and European outlets at 50 cycle/220v through out the boat.
- 9 lead acid batteries - installed in their own fiberglass watertight compartment - new 2019/2020
- 24v VDC electrical distribution panel
- Phasor K3-8.0 kw generator - 0 hours - Brand new 2022
- MDP 24v/220v automatic battery charger
- ProMariner TruePower Combi 2000PS 110v inverter/charger - new 2021
- Magnetronics Battery Control System
- AirX Marine 400 watt wind generator at top of mizzen mast - new 2014
- Movable solar panels (two)- keep batteries charged along with refrigerator always on - new 2019
- (3) Cruisair 220v reverse cycle air conditioning units in each cabin
- (3) Espar built-in 220v cabin heaters - new 2021
- Soba 220v washing machine
- Microwave/convection oven/broiler 220v
- Lofrans 24v windlass
Engine and Mechanicals
Volvo Penta D2 75hp 4 cylinder turbo fresh water cooled engine - new 2015 Approximately 2,600 hours (new engine mounts 2019/new turbo and exhaust elbow 2019). Watertight and self contained engine room has a fixed/automatic fire extinguisher.
- New transmission - brand new 2022
- New Autoprop 3 blade fixed propeller - new 2021
- Phasor 8.0kw generator - brand new 2022 - 0 hours
- Lofrans 24v windlass
- Retractable Amel 10hp 24v bow thruster
- Oversized remote 24v bilge pump in engine room
- Eno two-burner/oven LPG stove - new 2021
- Electrolux MultiReflex Microwave oven
- Soba Babynova 1000 220v washing machine
- Large upright refrigerator in u-shaped galley
- (2) chest freezer/refrigerator units under main salon seats - (can be set for either)
- High capacity 110v centrifugal electric water pump
- Amel Watermaker - 50 - 60l per hour, 24v (new motor - 2022)
- Espresso coffee maker and toaster - 24v
- le soft roof of cockpit - allows full enclosure
- Custom made cockpit and helm cushions - new 2018
- 10' inflatable Zodiak Cadet Aero dinghy - new 2020 - with Mercury 9.9hp outboard (1996)
- Four man life raft - new 2020
- Aluminum emergency tiller
Ground Tackle: Mounted - Wasi 30kg stainless steel anchor w/Wasi swivel and 100 yards of Wasi stainless steel chain attached along with 100' of rode. There is a chain counter at the helm station in cockpit. Spare anchors are Fortress FX-40, FX-60, and FX-120. In addition, there is a drogue and sea anchor, with 30' of chain roll of stainless steel tape wheel mounted aft on port side with 50' of tape.
- Lifesling2 overboard rescue system
- Horseshoe life ring
- "Ditch Bag" for abandon ship w/rations and water
- Jacklines, safety harnesses, safety tethers, 5 inflatable life jackets, medical kit & manuals, first aid supplies, O2 tank.
- 2 cockpit tables and a cannister type LPG marine grill
- Shore power cords and adapters
- Vacuum cleaner and hairdryers - 24v
- Aluminum boarding ladder/passerelle
- Three scuba tanks
- Fairclough winter cover
- Numerous fenders, dock lines, fender boards, boat hook, etc.
- Boat plans and equipment manuals.
- Barometer and clock
- Spares: engine, rigging, propeller, bow thruster seals and props, other mechanical parts and spares, many tools, cleaning supplies, etc.