Only one more month to go before the 2023 AYC Spring Regatta. The overall response to the new three-day Spring Regatta format has been very positive with registrations well ahead of last year. This is the 44th edition of this great racing tradition and McMichael is proud to be a continued sponsor. The event will be taking place from Friday May 5th to Sunday May 7th. Significant increases to post-race onshore activities have been planned as well.
Friday 5/5 – Coastal Race: This race will be scored separately and will not be included in the Spring Series score.
Saturday 5/6 & Sunday 5/7 – AYC Spring Series
Will offer two racing formats:
- Windward/Leeway Racing for the ORC and One Design Classes
- Coastal Racing for the PHRF Classes (including Doublehanded & Non-Spinnaker)
The Friday afternoon start will allow for traveling entries to get boats delivered in the morning. For more details see NOR below.
For Notice of Race & Regatta, Sign-Up
Pre-AYC SPRING REGATTA ZOOM BRIEFING: April 17 at 7:30PM
The 44th Annual AYC Spring Regatta with kick-off with a Pre AYC Spring Regatta Zoom Briefing with Ken Read on April 17th 7:30PM.
AYC Spring Regatta Co-Event Chairs, Erik Asgeirsson & Andy Giglia, will provide an overview on the updated three-day racing format and significantly increased onshore activities.
This will be followed by a wide-ranging discussion with Ken Read, President of North Sails, on Stat of Sailing:
Ken will cover a series of topics including:
- Ken's perspective on doublehanded sailing and its increasing popularity to navigator coastal courses and their potential for increasing family participation in the sport.
- Ken will also touch on the state of ORC ratings & racing along with trends in sails, with special emphasis on how 3Di and Helix technology is reshaping the game of sailmaking.
- In addition to these topics, no presentation would be complete without Read's insight on the state of professional sailing from the Ocean Race to the America's Cup, his past experience and his take on where things stand today.