1999 J Boats J/120
Yacht price :
Two-owner J/120 serviced & stored with McMichael Yacht Yard since new.
Extensive refit in 2017 includes optimization for double-hand use.
Scrimp constructed, Hall carbon spar. Many recent upgrades & improvements make her very attractive & ready to go.
Not only is she an impressive racer, she is also a proven, comfortable family cruiser.
Complete list of 2017 refit items:
HULL & DECK 2017:
- VC Offshore bottom sprayed & wet sanded to race finish
- Lewmar overhead hatches re-lensed & re-hinged
- Holding tank, head hoses and Y-valve replaced
- 3 Group 27 AGM batteries (3rd battery added w/combiner)
- Bilge & pressure water pumps
- Fuel system polished
- All interior drawer & cabinet push button locks replaced
- All rod rigging replaced
- Jib & spinnaker halyards replaced. All halyards and running rigging hi-tech.
- Second tack line system installed to facilitate double-hand peels.
- Oversized primaries installed: Harken 2-speed 60STA. Original primaries moved aft to operate main sheet. Structural reinforcing.
- All clutches replaced w/appropriate Spinlock clutches. Both jib halyards & main clutches upgraded to constrictor style.
- Original mainsheet system converted to German mainsheet system, traveler reconfigured for simplified adjustments. Helmsman can operate mainsheet and traveler from helm with ease
- Adjustable jib leads upgraded to purchase style system
- Vang controls split to run to port & starboard
- Outhaul control moved to cockpit
- Check stays and check stay clutches replaced
- All turning blocks replaced w/ Harken gear
- Two large Micronet T215 MFD Maxi dual displays added at mast.
- T113 Multifunctional Wireless Remote Display
- T220 Vertical Wind Transmitter 4’ above mast
- Fusion MS-UD 650 sound system with Bose speakers
- Garmin plotter at helm
- ST5000+ Autopilot Calibrated and serviced
- Computer hook up added with additional charging ports at nav station
- Main Doyle GPL full carbon (used 4 times)
- # 3 GPL full carbon (unused)
- J Boats
- Mamaroneck, NY, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- 3359 - TPB
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 40 ft - 12.19 meter
- 12 ft - 3.66 meter
- Draft - max:
- 7 ft - 2.13 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 1999 Yanmar 3JH2E
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 38 (Individual), 38 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 28 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 80 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
Sleeps 7: Large V-berth forward, custom storage lockers w/doors under & aft to port; main cabin settees, flip-up pilot berth to port, teak cabinets above & outboard to starboard; double quarter berth in aft cabin, teak cabinets port & starboard; head w/shower; large storage area "garage" aft to port.
Light, bright interior has white formica on flat panels w/varnished teak trim, teak ceilings, varnished teak & holly cabin sole; 2 hanging lockers; 2 sets of cushions - 1 set for racing, 1 set for cruising (bolstered Sunbrella)GALLEY
L-shaped galley to port
- Double s/s sink, fresh water foot pump
- 12V Seafrost Cold Plate top-loading engine-driven refrigeration
- 2-Burner gimballed propane stove w/oven & broiler
- Galley equipment
- Hot & cold pressure water
- 6 Gal. engine/110V water heater
- Water tanks cleaned & flushed 2014
Fiberglass hull & decks; black awlgrip hull repainted 2012, black VC Offshore bottom 2017, silver boot top, red cove stripe; white/gray decks
Light & ventilation provided by 6 hatches, 8 screened opening ports, 2 solar day/night vents
- Fin keel
- Bow & stern pulpits
- Double lifelines w/cushions
- Stern boarding gate
- Port seat locker
- Lazarette locker
- Stern-mounted swim ladder
- 2017 VC Offshore bottom sprayed & wet sanded to race finish
- 2017 Lewmar overhead hatches re-lensed & re-hinged
- 2017 Holding tank, head hoses & Y-valve replaced
- 2017 Three group 27 AGM batteries - third battery added w/combiner
- 2017 Bilge & pressure water pumps
- 2017 Fuel system polished
- 2017 All interior drawer & cabinet push button locks replaced
- 2015 Edson 48" diamond wheel w/comfort grip
- Binnacle guard, brake
- Emergency tiller
- Manual head w/holding tank, Y-valve
- Electric & manual bilge pumps
- Fresh-water cooled engine
- 2013 Exhaust elbow
- 2012 28 gal. Fuel tank
- Racor fuel filter
- Water filter
- 2-Blade feathering Max Prop
- Water temperature, oil pressure, amp/volt alarms
- 2 Fire extinguishers
- Standard VHF radio
- Sea 235 SSB radio w/factory-installed ground plate built into hull, backstay antenna
- Wireless Tack Tick instruments wind, speed, depth (wireless connect to smart phone, Ipad, etc.)
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- 2017 Two large Micronet T215 MFD Maxi dual displays added at mast.
- 2017 T113 Multifunctional Wireless Remote Display
- 2017 T220 Vertical Wind Transmitter 4’ above mast
- 2017 Fusion MS-UD 650 sound system with Bose speakers
- 2017 Garmin ECHO map DV plotter at Nav
- ST5000+ Autopilot Calibrated and serviced in 2017
- 2017 Computer hook up added with additional charging ports at nav station
- 2017 three group 27 AGM batteries third battery added with combiner
- Shore power w/cord
- Circuit breaker panel
- Navigation lights
- Cabin lights
Equipped for ORC Category 1 (Bermuda race) PHRF 51
- 2017 # 3 GPL full carbon (unused)
- 2017 Main Doyle GPL full carbon (used 4 times)
- 2012 Doyle GPL14 class main in "good condition"
- 2013 Doyle 165 sq meter asym. spinnaker in "good condition"
- 2011 GPL carbon class 155% genoa in "good condition"
- 2012 Doyle carbon #3 in "good condition"
- 2004 Doyle 145 sq. meter asym. spinnaker in "fair - good condition"
- 2004 Doyle 120 sq meter asym. spinnaker in "fair - good condition"
- 2001 Snuffer in "good condition"
- 2000 Doyle dacron storm jib (unused)
- 2000 Doyle dacron storm trysail (unused)
- 1999 All-purpose dacron 130% in "good condition"
- 2004 Main in "good condition"
- Masthead rig; carbon fiber mast painted white stepped on keel
- Sailtec hydraulic backstay adjuster
- 2010 Hall Quick Vang boom vang
- Rod rigging
- Harken roller furling headsail
- Spinnaker gear
- 2017 All turning blocks replaced w/ Harken gear
- Harken adjustable genoa tracks upgraded to purchase system
- Outboard reaching tracks
- 2015 Backstay & main halyard
- Recent jib, spin, main sheets
- 2017 Carbon 2 piece whisker pole for non-spinnaker racing
- 2017 6 Harken self-tailing winches include #48 primaries, #44 secondaries, 2 #44 mainsheet (serviced annually)
- 2017 All rod rigging replaced
- 2017 Jib and spin halyards replaced. All halyards and running rigging hi-tech.
- 2017 Second tack line system installed to facilitate double hand peels.
- 2017 Oversized primaries installed Harken two speed 60STA. Original primaries moved aft to operate main sheet. Structural reinforcing.
- 2017 All clutches upgraded with appropriate Spinlock clutches. Both jib halyards and Main clutches upgraded to constrictor style.
- 2017 Original mainsheet system converted to German main sheets system, traveler reconfigured for simplified adjustments. Helmsman can operate main sheet and traveler from helm with ease
- 2017 Adjustable jib leads upgraded to purchase style system
- 2017 Vang controls led to cockpit port and starboard
- 2017 Outhaul control moved to cockpit from boom
- 2017 Check stays and check stay clutches replaced
Inflatable dinghy w/2 HP outboard, 1999 gray dodger, bimini, hot & cold cockpit shower, removable cockpit table, cockpit cushions, bow roller, 15 kilo Bruce anchor w/chain & rode, dock lines, fenders, boat hook, radar reflector, flares, horn, life jackets, horseshoe life preserver, misc. tools, Loose gaugeReason for Selling
Purchasing new boatDisclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Located in our Year Round Brokerage Display
Contact Tom Bobbin, listing broker